- Rent a Car
- Aegean AIrlines
- Things to do | GetYourGuide - GetYourGuide.com
- Top Activities in Chania From TripAdvisor
- ferries Tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Book Flight Tickets
- Activities in Crete and more
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Drivers Age: Minimum age 23. No upper age limit.
- Extra Driver: No charge for 2nd driver - maximum 2 drivers.
- Licence: Full driving licence held for a minimum of 1 year. (If Licence is issued outside the EU it must be accompanied with an International Driving Licence)
- Fuel: Cars are supplied with a certain amount of fuel and Credit Card details are taken. If the car is not returned with same amount fuel, a refuelling charge will be made to your card.
- Credit Card: Essential for fuel and damage charge and CDW excess.
- Delivery Charge: Free daytime to Chania and Heraklion Airport and all properties except Paleochora & Loutro. There is an out of office hours (20.00 - 08.00) charge to Heraklion Airport - 50€, payable locally, or if you have your car delivered or collected from Paleochora & Loutro - 30€, payable locally.
- Roof Racks: No charge, only available on Group G + G2.
- Child Seats: €35.00 per seat/per booking, payable locally including booster seats.
- For under 7 days hire: For 5 or 6 days hire, there will be an extra charge of 10% based on the pro rata price.
*Note: Group F has limited luggage space and with a full complement of passengers, it may be difficult to carry all your suitcase.
- - Our Car Hire prices in Crete include: unlimited mileage, full insurance including Collision Damage Waiver! All local taxes and airport fees, however there is a CDW excess from €300 to €700, which can be protected by buying extra insurance. To save you the extra cost of transfers we recommend you collect your car from the airport on arrival but most cars can be delivered for free to most of our properties, during normal working hours.
- Car Hire Payment: If you wish to book a car, please add to your booking when confirming your accommodation. A 30% deposit of the car hire is required at the time of booking and the balanced is payable with your final holiday balance 8 weeks prior to departure. Should you cancel your car hire less than 8 weeks prior to departure, cancellation charges apply and the deposit is forfeited.
- Driving Licences: All drivers must be at least 23 years of age and have held a full driving licence (in the English alphabet) for a minimum of 1 year. Requirements do however vary so please check details at the time of booking. There is no need for an International Driving Licence in Europe if you hold a UK Driving License.
- Car Hire Contract: Upon delivery of the car, driver(s) will be asked to sign the car hire companys conditions of hire, making the rental the subject of a direct contract between each driver and the car hire company. The car models specified in each group are only an indication of the type of car available and may be substituted with cars of a similar size and engine capacity.
- Insurance: We emphasise that the insurance does not cover damage to windscreens, wing mirrors, tyres or the underneath of the car and you will be held responsible for the full cost of any necessary repairs. Please therefore take special care when driving on bad roads, especially at night, when potholes are not always obvious. We ask you to ensure that the car you book is large enough for the number of persons in your party as overloading the vehicle invalidates your insurance and can result in the car hire companys refusal to accept your reservation.
- It is prohibited to transfer a car by boat and their issure out of Crete, without a written authorization by
- Traffic fines, and immobility days of the car because of the registration plates being taken away, during the rental period, are exclusively the responsibility of the client.
SPECIFIC TERMS & CONDITIONS
Delivery - Collection
After a special agreement the car can be delivered to, and collected from any place in Crete. All other information concerning the charges of the car, are stated in the price list.
Rates are subject to change without notice.